Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Maybe because you didn't mention any of that in your ticket. Just a thought.

I have assigned your ticket to Jerry so he can take a look at the data.

Leave a comment:

• almty1
    replied
    Yes information for Impex was provided. But as I understand it my version of e107 will not work with Impex. I guess my questions is why where we directed to create a sales ticket and provide access to my database if none of the actual conversion can be done on your end?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by almty1 View Post
    I just purchased vbulliten with the intention of converting my e107 0.7.8 users and posts. From reading this post I had thought that would be possible with submitting a sales ticket and providing access to my database. I did just that and the response I recieved was...

We do not have an import service available at this time, but we are available for help and support if you need it.

Is this really true? did I just waste 85$?
    With all due respect there was more to my reply including providing you with the Impex documentation.

Also at no time and nowhere do we state that we provide the actual transfer service. We provide the tools and it's up to you to do the work. As I said we will be available to help with any questions and problems you have.

Leave a comment:

• JVCode
    replied
    If nothing can be done and the transfer cannot possibly be complete. and upon reading Steve's reply, then i can almost garuntee Jelsoft would be willing to provide you with a full refund.

Leave a comment:

• almty1
    replied
    I just purchased vbulliten with the intention of converting my e107 0.7.8 users and posts. From reading this post I had thought that would be possible with submitting a sales ticket and providing access to my database. I did just that and the response I recieved was...

We do not have an import service available at this time, but we are available for help and support if you need it.

Is this really true? did I just waste 85$?

Leave a comment:

• peterska2
    replied
    As Steve said in post #9, if you can provide access to your e107 database please submit a sales ticket here:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/go/sales

Leave a comment:

• «°(¯`-ïçê-´¯)°»
    replied
    Heh XD. It would really help to have one for vBulletin lol. My friend is willing to donate his extra vBulletin 3.6.7 PL1 license that he bought if I can get a working converter...

Leave a comment:

• aliks0905
    replied
    Originally posted by «°(¯`-ïçê-´¯)°» View Post
    If you can do this for me, I would be REALLY glad! You don't have to but it would be really nice. =] I do not want to go even close to phpBB since they messed up my last forum and had to start over.
    I would like to, but I dont know how to convert to vBulletin...earlier in the post, I said I could do it for phpBB only

Leave a comment:

• «°(¯`-ïçê-´¯)°»
    replied
    Originally posted by aliks0905 View Post
    what I did was refer to this one guy's (cant remember the name) conversion script for adding a phpbb forum onto e107...if you search e107, its pretty popular around there, then I looked into that code and manually replaced all the user tables into phpbb...I stayed with phpbb, but i'm sure there are conversion scripts from phpbb to vbulletin.

Basically, there are no conversion scripts around. you have to do it manually...or pay someone. I could do it, but it took me like 5 hours to convert.
    If you can do this for me, I would be REALLY glad! You don't have to but it would be really nice. =] I do not want to go even close to phpBB since they messed up my last forum and had to start over.

Leave a comment:

• aliks0905
    replied
    Sorry about that. Misread the post

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I answered this already. Please read post #9 again.

Leave a comment:

• aliks0905
    replied
    Steve, when I wanted to convert, looking at the .617 version, it is way off from the current version. making a new script would be much better, and since you have experience in that kind of stuff, it wouldn't take too long.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    At this time our importer is only designed to work with e107 0.617. There is no guarantee it will work and sinces it's a Tier 2 importer these are not always going to be updated.

However if you can provide access to the e107 database, fill out a sales contact form here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/sales

Leave a comment:

• aliks0905
    replied
    what I did was refer to this one guy's (cant remember the name) conversion script for adding a phpbb forum onto e107...if you search e107, its pretty popular around there, then I looked into that code and manually replaced all the user tables into phpbb...I stayed with phpbb, but i'm sure there are conversion scripts from phpbb to vbulletin.

Basically, there are no conversion scripts around. you have to do it manually...or pay someone. I could do it, but it took me like 5 hours to convert.

Leave a comment:

• «°(¯`-ïçê-´¯)°»
    replied
    I also need the e107 0.7.8 to vBulletin.

But I need it from e107 0.7.8 to vBulletin 3.6.7 PL1 which I got from a friend that has an extra license. (Thank God he always buys two of everything )

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X