e107 forum and members to vB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e107 forum and members to vB?

A member has asked me to look into switching our forums from e107 to vBulletin, and mentioned that there is a conversion script available

However, all I see if a conversion from an older version of e107 than is current - I am currently using v.7.7 and would naturally be purchasing the latest version of vBulletin

Is there a more recent conversion script available that will convert all users and forum posts to vBulletin? I have almost 4,000 users and 200,000 forum posts

Thanks

I see an older version of e107 is supported. Might contact [email protected].

Comment

thanks, mail sent

Comment

Originally posted by SimonP1878 View Post
        thanks, mail sent
        Did you hear back? I'm trying to get my version 0.7.8 migrated, but thought I would see what you came up with.

Thanks.

Comment

any progress?

I too would like a conversion because phpbb doesnt convert, drupal doesnt, joomla doesnt...if vbulletin does i better get my money ready to buy it. All i need is my users and their forum posts transferred over. PM's would be a good idea, but not necessary.

Thanks

Comment

Same here. I am ready to purchase license, but currently I have e107 version 0.7.8.

I cannot make the switch if there is no conversion script for this version of e107. I will monitor this thread for any updates.

Thanks for listening VB.
            Regards,
            G3mInI

Comment

I also need the e107 0.7.8 to vBulletin.

But I need it from e107 0.7.8 to vBulletin 3.6.7 PL1 which I got from a friend that has an extra license. (Thank God he always buys two of everything )

Comment

what I did was refer to this one guy's (cant remember the name) conversion script for adding a phpbb forum onto e107...if you search e107, its pretty popular around there, then I looked into that code and manually replaced all the user tables into phpbb...I stayed with phpbb, but i'm sure there are conversion scripts from phpbb to vbulletin.

Basically, there are no conversion scripts around. you have to do it manually...or pay someone. I could do it, but it took me like 5 hours to convert.

Comment

At this time our importer is only designed to work with e107 0.617. There is no guarantee it will work and sinces it's a Tier 2 importer these are not always going to be updated.

However if you can provide access to the e107 database, fill out a sales contact form here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/sales
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, when I wanted to convert, looking at the .617 version, it is way off from the current version. making a new script would be much better, and since you have experience in that kind of stuff, it wouldn't take too long.

Comment

I answered this already. Please read post #9 again.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry about that. Misread the post

Comment

Originally posted by aliks0905 View Post
                          what I did was refer to this one guy's (cant remember the name) conversion script for adding a phpbb forum onto e107...if you search e107, its pretty popular around there, then I looked into that code and manually replaced all the user tables into phpbb...I stayed with phpbb, but i'm sure there are conversion scripts from phpbb to vbulletin.

Basically, there are no conversion scripts around. you have to do it manually...or pay someone. I could do it, but it took me like 5 hours to convert.
                          If you can do this for me, I would be REALLY glad! You don't have to but it would be really nice. =] I do not want to go even close to phpBB since they messed up my last forum and had to start over.

Comment

Originally posted by «°(¯`-ïçê-´¯)°» View Post
                            If you can do this for me, I would be REALLY glad! You don't have to but it would be really nice. =] I do not want to go even close to phpBB since they messed up my last forum and had to start over.
                            I would like to, but I dont know how to convert to vBulletin...earlier in the post, I said I could do it for phpBB only

Comment

Heh XD. It would really help to have one for vBulletin lol. My friend is willing to donate his extra vBulletin 3.6.7 PL1 license that he bought if I can get a working converter...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X