Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hang my head in shame, how can i get it out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hang my head in shame, how can i get it out?

I must now hang my head in shame, at first when in stalled VB on my servers i did not understand the illegality of it, now that I do, i want to buy a license immediately. But, I need to know all that I have to do...

1) can i buy a license now and keep my board up? Or do i have to take it down and restart all over?
    2) If so, what changes do i need to make to make it show that I have a license?
    3) What else do i need to know?
    Last edited by Sparticus_V2; Tue 30th Jan '07, 6:15pm.

1) can i buy a license now and keep my board up? Or do i have to take it down and restart all over?

YES or at least I would. Any illegal copy you may have been given or bought some place else may have a backdoor in the code. Such backdoors can even infect your server. So I would start over (sorry).

2) If so, what changes do i need to make to make it show that I have a license?

None. vb does it for you and they also keep a digital record here.

3) What else do i need to know?

The sooner you do this, the better you are.
    Last edited by AtlantisService; Tue 30th Jan '07, 6:38pm.

Comment

Ok, lets say i am not worried about Back doors, because i plan to code my tables by hand anyways, I can keep the current forums up and simply buy the license correct? I don't have to make any changes on the forums to show that it is licensed? Also, if paying by PayPal, how long do yall estimate it will take me?
      Last edited by Sparticus_V2; Tue 30th Jan '07, 6:48pm.

Comment

All you would need to do is delete the pirate files and upload the legal files and you would get tot keep your database.

Comment

ok, so i buy the license, and i upload the 3.6.4 files from here, and my posts and such will be fine and non of my hacks will be lost? Except i will have to redo my config.php right?

Comment

Ok, I have purchased my License, I will start raising my head now!

Comment

Congratulations & Welcome!

Welcome to vBulletin - you've made a great decision in purchasing vBulletin!
              The Relationship Forum
              The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

I think this would work:

1. Delete all of your current forum files (NOT DATABASE)
                2. Upload Official VB files
                3. Edit config.php
                4. Go to install/upgrade.php

I would think this would work.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X