Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm at my last step before Vbulletin and IPB (Need to have my mind made up by today).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm at my last step before Vbulletin and IPB (Need to have my mind made up by today).

I want to know if these 2 things are possible.

I want to restrict access to certain forums by post count but it will only count for certain boards. For example:

Let's say I have a setup like this

CATEGORY 1
    monitor
    keyboard
    mouse
    pc
    *LAPTOP* - Special

CATEGORY 2
    book
    pencil
    backpack
    calculator
    *SCHOOL* - Special

The *Special" forums are hidden forums and a member needs a certain post count to reach them, let's say 10, but they need to have it in the relevant forums.

Can I set it up so that if they make 10 cumulative posts in:
    monitor
    keyboard
    mouse
    pc

They can have access to the laptop but NOT the *SCHOOL* forum. For them to have access to the *SCHOOL* forum, they need to have made 10 cumulative posts in:

book
    pencil
    backpack
    calculator

So even if they have 100 posts and they only need 10 to access the *SCHOOL* forum, if they haven't made at least ten of those posts in the correct ones, they don't have access to that hidden forum?

-----------------------------------

Is it possible to mass move, mass delete, and mass, rename topics?

I think your posting needs need to be addressed by modifications for both vB and IPB.

Both vB and IPB allow you to mass move and mass delete threads and topics, although neither allow you rename multiple threads and topics at once. To do that would require code modifications.
    Forums

Comment

Ah ok thanks for the quick reply. Do you know i the first half of my question is possible?

Comment

I belive this can be done with usergroups & promotions. When a member reach a number of posts, he will move to a higher usergroup that gives him permission to access these forums. This is a one method. There might be more.
        $post[signature]

Comment

vBulletin has AJAX post rename/close. just double click a post cell in forumdisplay and you'll get a field to rename the post. it's as good as mass rename. you can mass move, delete, etc with inline moderation.

you can set up auto promotion for your members. the default user group will not have access to those hidden forums, but when a member reaches a certain post count he or she will be automatically promoted to a new usergroup which has access to those forums. this is as far as default functionality goes, the rest can be done very easily with plugins (mind you, plugins in vB, unlike in IPB do not require file modifications)

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
            I belive this can be done with usergroups & promotions. When a member reach a number of posts, he will move to a higher usergroup that gives him permission to access these forums. This is a one method. There might be more.
            Yes, that's true but is it possible to limit it so that posts made in section A and B contribute to them getting access to C?

And that posts made in X and Y contribute to them getting access to Z? Even though A and C and Z require the same number of posts.

Let me rephrase C and Z need 10 posts to get into. For them to get access to C they have to make 10 posts in A and B (cumulative). So when they get 10 posts, I don't want them to automatically get access to Z because they haven't made 10 posts altogether in X and Y.

Comment

This will require modification to your site.

We have a modification community at vBulletin.org where you can discuss this with people who modify vBulletin to meet their requirements.
              Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X