Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin for reviews site such as epinions.com ? Feasible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin for reviews site such as epinions.com ? Feasible ?

Hi,
    I'm planning on opening a consumer review site somewhat like epinions.com or reviewcenter.com. The thing is that while I'm in the midst of writing a CMS for the site, I would still to proceed to launch the site sometime soon.

The thing is that in this intermediate phase, I'm planning on running it on vBulletin. Do you think that'd be feasible ? I was thinking of making categories as forums and then nesting forums within each other and finally arriving at individual posts as reviews.

I'm mainly looking at vBulletin as option because it's highly customizable and scalable whereas most other scripts may not be able to scale to the demands of the site.

Another reason is that I'm familiar with the vBulletin template management and plugins system since I have quite a bit of experience on vBulletin. What I'm not sure of is how many nested forums (in the form of categories) can vBulletin take ?

That is the issue I need help with right now. Please do let me know, thank you : )

Technically vBulletin can have an unlimited number of nested forums. Practically, I wouldn't plan on having more than 1000 forums, as all the forums are loaded into the cache on every page, which can cause the server load to rise.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X