vBulletin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Question

I bought the vBulletin License for $160. Isn't that the one you can run on your site forever, because it says it expires a year from the day I bought it, which was today.
    HaloArena.com - Halo 3 Forums, Tournaments, Videos

With an owned license you get the right to run the software forever and access to the download section of the Members Area for one year. During that year you can download and install any new versions that are released. After the year is up you can renew the download access for $30/yr (the current price.) This is not a mandatory fee and you will still the right to run your current version for as long as you want. However if you want access to future updates you will need to renew this access.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

so after a year, I can no longer download vbulletin or use the updates?
      HaloArena.com - Halo 3 Forums, Tournaments, Videos

Comment

No, you can download any versions that came out while your download access was active. After you wont be able to get newer versions that were released after your download access expires.

Comment

Also, security patches can usually be downloaded even with an expired license. Of course there is no guarantee that these will always be possible, and if you are running multiple patches and experience problems, you will be asked to upgrade.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X