i18n pre-sale question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i18n pre-sale question

Hi. I have a small question about vB 3.6 branch. The manual says we can translate everything in the forum software.

But can we run several languages at once, on one install?

For example, if I have 3 forums "English", German", "French", can I assign a language to each one?

And/or can user select the language they prefer, and have all forum text and messages (beside the posts content, of course) displayed in this language? If so, is that accessible at the registration stage?

Yes, you can set up more than one language, and most things can be translated. Forum names and descriptions can't though.

The choice of language can be set on each page, using the dropdown menu in the footer. There's no explicit option during registration though.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the quick (!) answer.

When you say “no explicit option” at registration, what do you mean? Is there a hidden one ?

Comment

There's still the option in the footer, but it's not really a part of the registration form
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks. I just checked it on this forum, I will investigate it more (rules & TOS localized and so on) on the demo forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X