Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB 2.1.7 to VBULLETIN

Hello.

I am running in ipb 2.1.7 and i would like to convert my forum to vbullettin... i likes vbulletin's layout and styles than ipb... so if i purchase the license here will you convert my current board to vbullettin??? waiting for your reply... thanks

There's a converter 'ImpEx', you can download it after purchasing a license.

There's no official converting yet. You'll have to convert it yourself.
    $post[signature]

Comment

The Impex documentation is here >> http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

More specifically, heres whats converted >> http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_ipb2

If you search in the Import System Forum theres some more info there too.

I tried a test import of a IPB 2.1.7 to VB 3.6.4 last month without any real issues, it went smoothly. I am going to be moving it properly soon. Theres a lot of help and advice available here too if you do have any issues at all.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I tried it myself, it doesnt always work smoothly

Comment

I´m thinking to do the same thing as Baboo.. Convert my IPB 2.1.1 to V-Bulletin...

But I don´t understand these things about db, mysql and etc..

If i have to do mysefl it will be complicated... If support people here helps it will be more easier..

So if i try the convertion, i´ll have errors? Like wrong passwords, posts with BB Codes that doesn´t work or members with the names changed....? Things like this... Because these convertions always have a problem...

Thanks for the attention..

Comment

You must have learned something about MySQL databases to setup IPB since it has the same basic requirements as vBulletin. You can pay $135 for Jelsoft to install your vBulletin forum, but you must do the importation of your IPB forum data. Jelsoft does not offer a conversion service but they do provide technical support to answer your questions.

Passwords WILL be lost if you convert from IPB to vBulletin because they use incompatible hashing techniques. It is not possible to retrieve the IPB passwords.

bbCodes should carry over and members should not be affected other than needing to set a new password for themselves by responding to an e-mail link. Users who have not updated their e-mail addresses will have to contact you to get their accounts straightened out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X