Dilemma over account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma over account

A friend of mine bought an owned license last january, i don't know the exact date. All was well until he decided to take a job somewhere and have to leave in a hurry. He dumped his forum/site to me, but neglected to leave his account details (for the vb members area) and I haven't been able to contact him since.

My question is, would it be alright to keep the forum running, even though I don't have the account details and I won't be able to renew, right? Or do I have to get my own license for it for the same site? As I understand it the forum could run indefinitely but when the $30 yearly is finished I can't update it? Legally I know its still his license but I'm using it on what was once his own site.

I've disabled it for now until I could straighten this out.

You can leave it running for now and when it comes time to renew, if your friend has not returned, purchase your own copy and just transfer the database to an install from your download.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X