Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I host me forum at Yahoo on their starter plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I host me forum at Yahoo on their starter plan?

Just wondering if I can host my forum on their starter plan at first untill I get more members?

I'm not sure but I doubt the Yahoos 'starter' plan will work. As far as I know you need at least their 'Deluxe' plan, unless something has changed recently.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The Starter plan seems to have PHP, MySQL, etc.

That said, Yahoo looks expensive and people have had trouble getting vBulletin to run on it.

Comment

My forum is on the starter plan, and it works wonders.Latest version too. =]
        Last edited by -MaGuS-; Sun 17 Dec '06, 10:45am.

Comment

Maybe they have improved their servers.

Comment

They used to have crippled PHP installed on the starter servers.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

One recommendation though, do not install their version of phpmyadmin, it's not functional. Download and install the newest and best version.

Comment

I used Yahoos Site Builder to make my site so I guess I have to use Yahoo.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X