Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using VBulletin in an addon domain

Hi,

I would like to enquire if there is any issue if I were to purchase a license and install it on a addon domain. For example, I have my main domain as www.maindomain.com and I have the other domain (www.seconddomain.com) addon to the main domain under the same hosting account.

My concern is that do I need to perform any additional steps in order to install it probably?

Thanks.

Originally posted by AbsoluteKC View Post
    Hi,

I would like to enquire if there is any issue if I were to purchase a license and install it on a addon domain. For example, I have my main domain as www.maindomain.com and I have the other domain (www.seconddomain.com) addon to the main domain under the same hosting account.

My concern is that do I need to perform any additional steps in order to install it probably?

Thanks.
    You will have to purchase another license.

Please see: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103150
    $post[signature]

Comment

I may be mistaken but I really do not believe he is wanting to install two licenses of Vbulletin. Instead my understanding of his/her text/question is that Absolute wants to know if there is anything special they would have to do to install the software on an Addon domain.

To answer that, once you create an add on domain, it will create a directory for that addon domain. You then need to install the Vbulletin files into that directory (usually the same name as the domain, plus or minus the domain extension.) Other then that, there really isn't any difference.

Comment

To answer the question: No there should be no difference between a "regular" or an AddOn domain.

PS There is no second license needed as long as you only power a single instance of vBulletin, see the license agreement.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
          To answer the question: No there should be no difference between a "regular" or an AddOn domain.

PS There is no second license needed as long as you only power a single instance of vBulletin, see the license agreement.
          Thanks for the help That is what I wanted to know

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X