Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you have a pay forum with vBulletin?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you have a pay forum with vBulletin?

Just curious if there is a feature that you can use to make people pay to be members of your forum? Something that does the billing automaticly? If so, how does it work?

Yes, vBulletin does include a built-in paid subscription function. You can view the documentation here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/subscriptions
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

To pull off what I think you're thinking of doing, you'd use subscriptions and usergroup additions. You can get more help once you have bought a license and registered for priority support here.

Comment

There's also a modification on vbulletin.org that changes the registration system to 'Pay-to-register'. You specify an amount, and once processed - the person becomes registered.

Comment

like paypal do you mean?

I know a compnay who are similar and use www.invapay.com ....

Comment

Originally posted by syrus.xl View Post
              There's also a modification on vbulletin.org that changes the registration system to 'Pay-to-register'. You specify an amount, and once processed - the person becomes registered.
              do you know *anyone* crazy enough willing to pay money just to be a registerd member men this is getting crazy how on earch would pople "dare" to ask money for that

Comment

Wow, nice bumping of an almost 2 year old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DelphiVillage View Post
                  do you know *anyone* crazy enough willing to pay money just to be a registerd member men this is getting crazy how on earch would pople "dare" to ask money for that
                  Depends what your forum offers, if it offers suitable value and the price point is right then they might. Just like many people will pay to get vBulletin when numerous free alternatives also exist. So yeah, I think if you offer suitable value people would pay (but generally I think that would be extremely rare for the large majority of forums). Premium accounts on the other hand often prove quite popular.
                  - TomJames

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X