I see Sponsors on Vbulletin Forums.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Sponsors on Vbulletin Forums.

What exactly is that and how does that work? People are paying the moderators of the forums an "X" amount of money I've seen for 100s of dollars, to have there name put on a forum pertaining to there business. Who are there paying exactly, Vbulletin or the people who license the forum? I have been wondering about this for sometime any answers you can give me would be great.

If you start a forum then it's entirely up to you to find people who are willing to advertise on your site. I've had people come to me asking if they can advertise on my larger boards and I've gone to find sponsors for my smaller ones.

In any case, don't count on anything better than AdSense for a while as no one will want to pay you to advertise on a site that doesn't get decent traffic.
    Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I was just unsure, because I have seen some forums ask for a certain amt. per month and then another ask for more. I guess its just depends on the traffic of the forum. Ie, if you have more people coming, then you can charge more.

Comment

Yeah, that's how all advertising works. The more people that will see it the more it will cost.
        Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X