Considering switching to Vbulletin, but need some input if this can be done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering switching to Vbulletin, but need some input if this can be done

Hi all, and thanks ahead of time for your help.

I'm considering switching over to vbulletin from ubbthreads 6.5.2.

I have a few questions:

1. Can I import all of my threads and areas into Vbulletin?
    2. I have a pre-existing paypal interface that was made for ubb. Can I import the data from that into Vbulletin, and how does Vbulletins interface operate for paypal?
    3. How long would an import take, and can I do this in a test environment before going live with it? Do I need a special license to do this?
    4. How does the email system work for vbulletin, for things like newsletters and so forth?

Thanks again for any help here, I'm interested, but concerned with finding out the above answers before we make any kind of conversion.

1. The current importer should work and if not then Jerry can update it:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_ubb_threads

2. No, you can only import the default data, not anything from customizations.

3. It depends on how large your forums are.

4. Yes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So I would have to manually add my paypal paid members in then?

Comment

Not sure what you mean. The users are imported. Any data that is not part of the default UBB.Treads is not imported.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My Paid members are in the ubb software I would presume, but their status and paid levels is what I was wondering, and anniversary dates.

Also, what does vbulletin have in terms of newsletter software and so forth?

Comment

There is no specific newsletter software included with vB but there is an option to send Mass Emails to your members from within the Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X