VB on Windows Platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB on Windows Platform?

I'm trying to get hosting lined up for VB before I purchase it - a company we really like is a Windows only host - they provide MySQL and PHP so VB would run but my question is would I be able to use all the Mod Rewrite's etc or not because they are all based on htaccess file?

vBulletin itself will run on windows servers, and doesn't use mod_rewrite, so you shouldn't have any problems.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Would this host be Godaddy? :S
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Actually no - but I'm paranoid about posting who I want to use just because my last post was all about how I was worried about getting hacked

Comment

Regarding Colin F.'s post - sorry if I'm being repetitive but will I be able to make changes like rewriting the URL and "stuff" like that or am I better off going UNIX or LINUX?

Comment

I think there are solutions to allow that on Windows too. Additionally, you could also use Apache on windows, which would allow .htaccess files.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

If your host uses Windows running an Apache server, then yes you can use mod_rewrite. If it uses the built in server (IIS) you can't. Although there is a mod_rewrite type mod for IIS out.

Comment

I guess it is called ISAPI_rewrite - sounds like you just have to figure out how to translate what you are trying to do to that particular format

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X