switching from phpbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching from phpbb

I want to go ahead and purchase vbulletin, but currently use phpbb. Can somebody please direct me to the place where it gives step by step instructions on how to change over without losing any posts or members or anything from my phpbb forum?

Originally posted by psmoney View Post
    I want to go ahead and purchase vbulletin, but currently use phpbb. Can somebody please direct me to the place where it gives step by step instructions on how to change over without losing any posts or members or anything from my phpbb forum?
    there is no post for it... you need to first purchase a license to vb... and then use the IMPEX importing script which will let you import your phpbb forum database over to vb... versions may vary if im right but it should work and of course all the posts will come over... check it out

NOTE: impex comes with the vb license and can be downloaded from the members area only

Comment

alrighty I will go ahead an purchase it and pray that its not difficult and I dont screw something up

Comment

I have downloaded vbulletin and the imprex thing. Can somebody please explain to me what to do next?

Comment

I have downloaded vbulletin and the imprex thing. Can somebody please explain to me what to do next?
          read the readm.html or w/e it comes with... you have to throw the script somewhere and attach it to your mysql database that the phpbb forum uses... its very easy IMO... itll process members by like the 1000's and posts in intervals to keep the server load small...

Comment

well im talking about before I get to that point. Do i do anything with phpbb first? do I upload vbulletin to my server first? The reason I ask is the vbulletin looks like vbulletin uses some of the same names for file directories and I dont want it to overwrite.

Comment

well im talking about before I get to that point. Do i do anything with phpbb first? do I upload vbulletin to my server first? The reason I ask is the vbulletin looks like vbulletin uses some of the same names for file directories and I dont want it to overwrite.
              i think it just mods the sql file to vbulletin... forgot how it works sorry but it should go thru smoothly... just read the files with instructions

Comment

This isn't a support forum.

Follow this instructions here if you already haven't: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141661

... and then post in the proper support forums.
                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Sorry I have done all of those steps and still cannot post, and am impatient and want to get my forum switched asap.

I have a few questions in the mean time:
                  my phpbb forum is uploaded in /forum directory should I go ahead and install the vbulletin in the same folder phpbb is loaded in? or do I install the imprex in this folder or what do I do first?

Comment

Make sure you are putting in the e-mail address in priority support as the same e-mail you used to register on these forums.
                    [ http://eternal-realm.net ]

Comment

I wouldn't install in the same folder. The conversion is painless. I converted about a year ago and have never looked back!!!
                      http://jetnation.com

Comment

I'm in the process of doing the same and I found the manual that comes with the download very self explanatory. Have a read of that and if you are still not sure then ask again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X