X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about buying VB

Hi,
    Im 14 and want to start a VB forum.
    However, I need the money and need a host and domain.
    Is there anywhere I can get it cheaper as im only 14 and which hosts should you suggest.
    ~Mrdudecool

Nope, it's not cheaper anywhere.

See here for help on deciding on a host: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Is it hard to install the programme?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrdudecool View Post
        Hi,
        Im 14 and want to start a VB forum.
        However, I need the money and need a host and domain.
        Is there anywhere I can get it cheaper as im only 14 and which hosts should you suggest.
        ~Mrdudecool
        I suggest you participate with your buddies and collect the money to purchase a license, and make your own forum for you (all), not for you (only). I think then it will be cheaper.
        $post[signature]

Comment

I asked but they said they wouldnt

Comment

I'm also thinking about buying vBulletin when I learn PHP. I have the price problems too unfortunatly but I may get some money for xmas. Good luck mate

Comment

Thanks, it may take me a while to get the money

Comment

You make me remember when I was at ur age, I was fascinated by vBulletin and dreamed to get it and have my own forum. But, it was hard for me also to buy it.
                $post[signature]

Comment

Well I have about £25 from my Birthday. It will take me a while, is it hard to install?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrdudecool View Post
                    Is it hard to install?
                    I'm worried about this as I have no idea about PHP or MySLQ so I'd have to learn it.

Comment

Not really. You don't need to know much to get vBulletin instlaled and running.

Comment

Not hard, as there's usermanual and full instructions - easy to follow.
                        $post[signature]

Comment

I may be able to raise some money via a store on my Invisonfree forum but it'd take time

Comment

So would you recommend paying for someone to install it?
                            I have had MySQL and FTP experience before from installing an SMF forum

Comment

Good question, it costs allot more but if it's really hard to install I would.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X