No announcement yet.

Considering a move for multiple boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, as per this page, passwords will be transferred.

vBulletin hashes the password multiple times, but it can process phpBB's password so that it'll work.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

User passwords in vBulletin are more secure than md5(). But don't worry. Your phpBB passwords will be imported correctly.

The only forums I'm aware of whose passwords cannot be imported properly are IPB and EZBoard.

Comment

Thanks again for the quick responses.

Right.. was just about to buy the first license, then I noticed that when I changing the pricing into £s I was suddenly paying £10 (per board) extra.

$160 is around £81, not £91. I'm aware the exchange rate is a little crazy these days but even some months ago is would have been around £87.

I'm considering moving a few boards over the next few months so the difference will soon mount up.

1) Presummably I can just pay in dollars via paypal or is the price recalculated later in the purchasing anyway?

..also..

2) The brand free $120. Is that a one time fee?

Thanks,

Jon

Comment

1. Yes you can pay in dollars.

2. This is a one-time fee per license.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X