Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand Free Licence - Prohibits saying Site is 'Powered By' Something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, 'Powered by vBulletin' in the title of the head can also be removed without a branding free license.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
      Actually, 'Powered by vBulletin' in the title of the head can also be removed without a branding free license.
      Oh really? I did not know that.
      But thanks for the info.

But I was correct about the other parts, right?
      I don't wanna give him the wrong information..

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
        And how would one go about doing that???

Comment

By editing the appropriate templates.

Comment

Originally posted by carrlos27 View Post

I'm sure you can get support for that in the customer support section..

Comment

So just for clarifications' sake (please correct me if I'm wrong)...

1. It is perfectly fine to remove the Powered by vBulletin in the page title, but changing it to something else is discouraged.

2. This has nothing to do with the copyright in the footer or brand-free license.
              Peggy
              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

You can changed it to powered by soemthing else, for example, Powered By SoandSo Hosting, etc. But specificly we are talking about changing the branding in the title to "powered by phpbb", ""powered by myownsoftwarename".

Comment

ahHA! I understand now. Thank you
                  Peggy
                  ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

Originally posted by carrlos27 View Post
                    Post in the support forums.
                    Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      You can changed it to powered by soemthing else, for example, Powered By SoandSo Hosting, etc. But specificly we are talking about changing the branding in the title to "powered by phpbb", ""powered by myownsoftwarename".
                      Actually you can't say 'Powered by Something Else' since this implies that the forum is powered by something other than vBulletin.

You can add something about the hosting.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

wow... ummm, it might be a real good idea if the staff members all get on the same wavelength about this. There's been at least 3 different views/answers/opinions since the original post, and it's confusing people. Really.
                        Peggy
                        ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

Follow Steve

Comment