Shopping Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Cart

Can Someone recommend a good Shopping Cart system that integrates with the latest release of VB3.6.3.

I am lookinh at Xcart at the moment and read a while back that it had a module.

Many thanks in advance, an appologies if it is in the wrong section.

As staff I can't make any official recommendations. As we didn't write the code for third party scripts. But perhaps aMember and their vBulletin integration module is something of your interest.

Comment

un Officially

Can you or anyone else un-officially recommend any that work well with VB?

Comment

Originally posted by CTC View Post
        Can you or anyone else un-officially recommend any that work well with VB?
        I think X-Cart integrates (but I will never integrate a shopping cart with forum software for security reasons)
        TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Any php/mysql cart will somewhat integrate. Zen Cart, OS Commerce, X-Cart, etc. It's merely a matter of work to get it to integrate since none of them are specifically designed for integration.

I'd shy away from X-Cart. X-cart is over templated. You have to find 4 templates to change 3 sentences in the same area. It's a headache.

Essentially just install whatever cart you wish to use and alter it to look the same as your vBulletin skin. I would not integrate the databases for security reasons as SaN-Deep posted.Best case scenario is to add to the vb registration script and throw the user data into the cart user table as well during registration.

Comment

I have used aMemberPro before now and find this an excellent application. there is a vB integration module available for it.

I am an admin to Miko over on vBStyles and we use it on there.
            John

Comment

X-cart on same site as VB forum.

I'm looking at a site that will have VB and x-cart on it, but they don't need to be integrated into each other, just accessable via linking buttons. Is this possible or do they need to be integrated on the same site? (I'm not a programmer.)

Comment

Originally posted by worldceltic View Post
                I'm looking at a site that will have VB and x-cart on it, but they don't need to be integrated into each other, just accessable via linking buttons. Is this possible or do they need to be integrated on the same site? (I'm not a programmer.)
                You can add a link to your store to your VB navbar and you can add a link to your forums to your X-cart menu.

As long as you are not integrating the logins, you can just link to them from one another. That's what I've done
                Archive: 1 ~ 2 ETC in the feedback forums that were closed.

Comment

I am an x-cart owner and I am looking here to integrate x-cart with vbulletin.
                  You dont have to merge databases, since the two function seperatly. The integration really has to do with registration, when someone registers on one, you want the info to transfer to the other and vice versa. There are one or two scripts out there that assist in the transfer, but nothing very solid. Its always one way or the other, but not both. We paid x-cart to do that for us a while ago, but it was a fortune...wouldnt recommend. But x-cart is great software, its the only one I have ever used, so I cant really compare it to anything else, but it seems to have the third party mod development that really puts it at the cutting edge of any ecommerce functionality that I have seen.

Comment

Working...
                  X