Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to completely satisfy XGA users with their Internet Explorer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to completely satisfy XGA users with their Internet Explorer ?

Hello

I talk about the first-visit-message for unregistered users. This is normally a text about how to register and why.

Now imagine that the unregistered guests use a 1024 XGA screen AND the Internet Explorer from Microsoft, no matter what version of the MS IE.

I bet (and hope I lose) that you cannot use a 600px (width) broad image instead of the first-visit-message-text without to make the forum under the welcome-message broader (width) than the screen.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    I just don´t get it WHY a 600px image cannot placed when there are 1024 pixels width, what should be enough.

Is this a bug ? Whenever the image is broader than 570px then the forum size will be broader than the monitor screen is, the users have to scroll.

Crazy: Firefox has not a problem at all. The Firefox sees that the screen is 1024 and the image only 600px. But the Explorer adds an extra edge frame on the left and right, here exacly whenever the image is broader than 570px.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a very strange bug (?) but I would buy vBulletin again and again, it´s great.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please don´t say: "Just use text." Because it´s just an example for the Explorer/Imagewidth issue which easily can be reproduced if you have MS IE and XGA.
    Attached Files
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X