Which Web Hoster Should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Web Hoster Should I use?

Im very interested in purchasing vBulletin for a website I would like to create, but I'm not sure which Web Hosting site would be good for me. Im looking for a site that isnt very expensive, but has what is needed for vBulletin. My biggest problem while looking around has been finding companies that offer MySQL, and a good enough version. I havnt had much luck finding what exact version of the MySQL specific webhosting sites offer.

Anyone have some advice on a good hosting company I could look into? Ive been getting headaches feeling like im only gonig in circles between different sites.

Any help is greatly appriciated, thanks.

I use www.asmallorange.com. Runs all software that meets vBulletin requirements, very low downtime and very good tech support. Check out their forum from the link.

Comment

Thanks, I will def take a look at them.

Comment

www.hostgator.com are good also. Take a look at them.

Comment

I second http://hostgator.com , they are quite good.
          [ http://eternal-realm.net ]

Comment

Originally posted by yonglvnv View Post
            I use www.asmallorange.com. Runs all software that meets vBulletin requirements, very low downtime and very good tech support. Check out their forum from the link.
            I started using www.asmallorange.com 15 months ago after seeing good reports from here.
            And the feedback I received was spot on.....they're excellent. Service second to none.....and I've used a lot of hosts over the last 10 years!
            Homes-Spain

Comment

Originally posted by Malthorn View Post
              Anyone have some advice on a good hosting company I could look into? Ive been getting headaches feeling like im only gonig in circles between different sites.
              It's easy togo in circles since most web hosting sites all look the same. I'd stay away from those who offer you the world for next to nothing. $9.95/month, unlimited disk space and bandwidth. I've been happy with http://www.realwebhost.com. I like knowing that I can pick up the phone and speak to someone directly. Support tickets and email are not always practical for me. I have two web hosting accounts wit them.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Thank you very much all, I will have to check out all those sites and decide what works best for me.

Always nice when I have people who know what they are talking about to ask questions to

Comment

WWW.POSITIVE-INTERNET.COM - they're fantastic.
                  "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X