This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using vBulletin as online quiz taking software

How easy is it to modify vBulletin code. (I am still deciding before to buy this)

I want to run an online quiz-taking software for students. I can't seem to find any better robust sw.

- Is it possible to modify "Poll" as so to include "correct answer". This would probably serve as online-quiz.
    - Is it possible to generate user-statistics (=performance) based on user's participation in polls(=quizzes)

- Is there user rating system (or easy to create such)? Something like..
    * Other users can give rating/feedback
    * User gets +1 rating while participating in a poll with "correct answer" & -1 with wrong "answer"

- Is vBulletin able to support as much as 200,000+ messages, with powerful quick search?
    Last edited by user4; Tue 14 Nov '06, 7:10am.

Wrong place to ask this. I'd suggest vbulletin.org, because it involves modification of the code, but at the very least the presales forum should be the place for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
      Wrong place to ask this. I'd suggest vbulletin.org, because it involves modification of the code, but at the very least the presales forum should be the place for it.
      The first 5 words to potential customers should not be "Wrong place to ask this."

Quiz-taking is not a built-in feature of vBulletin. You might be able to find a modification for it at vBulletin.org. Generally, if someone wants to add a feature to vBulletin, they use the Plugins feature which allows you to execute PHP code in some 600 places alongside the existing code.

Comment

Not if I work for vBulletin, no.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X