Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to collapse catagories on main page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to collapse catagories on main page?

Hello

I would like to be able to collapse some (not all) catagories on my main page, can this be done? Also

What is the definition of a child forum? And

When I go to post something it won't let me paste. Do I have something turned off?

P.S.

Awsome software I've been running the demo for an hour and I'm allready sold.

Collapsable?

Yes, the categories is collapsable, as you can try if you enter www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php
    And try click on the uparrow to the ---> of the category-name.

Child-forum definition

A child-forum is a SUBFORUM to any forum.
    For example, you could have a regular forum called "Chit chat".
    But later on, you want to categories it, so that the members can talk music in one forum, and movie chat in another forum.

Instead of making alot of chatting forums on the index of your board, you can just keep the chit chat, and have subforums(childforums) named after the different categories you want to have.

Chit chat
    • Music chat
    • Video chat
    • Sports chat
    • Tech talk

That was one example.
    Another example is, if you got your forum called "Suggestions and feedback" you could have a childforum called "Reported posts" where you can lead every reports of posts that members make(config enable through the ACP).

What do you mean with that it won't let you paste?

Hope I helped a bit anyways.
    Last edited by Tanax; Tue 14 Nov '06, 7:24am.

Comment

Yes, the categories is collapsable, as you can try if you enter www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php
      Can these be set to default? (when a user opens the main page) BTW. When I click on that arrow on my demo it does dissapears and doesn't collapse, but it works on the vbulletin site

What do you mean with that it won't let you paste?
      When I "start a new thread" or "reply" I copy text from notepad and I can't paste it into the "reply"window. I do this all the time on vbulletin forums

Hope I helped a bit anyways.
      A big help

Thanks

Comment

Collapsing something by default would require a template edit. Be advised that this will cause problems for users that have disabled JavaScript though, as they won't be able to uncollapse the categories.

Try using Ctrl + V
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

In the footer of the page, couldn't you trigger mouseups for each category you want collapsed?

Comment

In the footer of the page, couldn't you trigger mouseups for each category you want collapsed?
            No i couldn't on the demo but I just bought a license and will be installing site soon. Hopefully it was just a glitch with the demo or something. Like i said it worked fine on this site.

Comment

Repeat visit settings

Originally posted by Tanax View Post
              Collapsable?

We have a rather large board with a "Page 2" for about half of it to deal with folks' complaining about "It's so BIG!" I am wondering if we could simply tell them to collapse which categories they don't have an interest in and the NEXT TIME they visit, their settings will remain?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X