Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys i needed some advice!

Well guys i needed some advice!

Currently i have a Forum that are hosted by InvisionFree, and my board now have 922 member and 8,839 posts. Now i plan to get a new Board, that is a vBulletin V3.6.3. I have many big problem here now!

That are can i moved all my current member & Topic/post to the new board? Also i have download a demo of vBulletin Version 3.6.3, As i have take a look of the ACP, its totally different from InvisionFree ACP! that's means i have a problem using the ACP for vBulletin. Also i have no idea how much is the pricing as in Singapore dollar?? & The worst thing is i do not have A credit card or a Paypal acc! How would i be able to pay?

Can anyone guide me in it?

Can you move the topics/posts/members to the new board

It's possible, IF you get the database, and then download a converter from vBulletin. Then you're able to transfer everything.
    HOWEVER, I don't think that invisionfree will give you a backup of the database. Never heard anyone who got their database from invisionfree.

Is a demo possible?

Yes, check out www.vbulletin.com and then click the link DEMO.

Pricings

vBulletin offers alot of possible ways of paying.
    Singapores current status of money, I have no idea of.
    But you should be able to just google it and find out.

More questions?
    Go ahead =)

Comment

Originally posted by Tanax View Post
      Can you move the topics/posts/members to the new board

It's possible, IF you get the database, and then download a converter from vBulletin. Then you're able to transfer everything.
      HOWEVER, I don't think that invisionfree will give you a backup of the database. Never heard anyone who got their database from invisionfree.

Is a demo possible?

Yes, check out www.vbulletin.com and then click the link DEMO.

Pricings

vBulletin offers alot of possible ways of paying.
      Singapores current status of money, I have no idea of.
      But you should be able to just google it and find out.

More questions?
      Go ahead =)

As for the first one, since u say InvisionFree is not going to give a backup of the database, But where to get one?

& As for the sec one, I have already got a Demo of vBulletin Version 3.6.3. But i have no idea how the ACP works since it's totally different from InvisionFree ACP!

Comment

Backing up database

Really, I have no idea how to back up a database using invisionfree.
        Not really familiar with either Invisionfree, nor IPB.
        But if you turn to the help and support from invisionfree, I'm sure you will get some answers.

Demo
        Ok, so, what exactly do you want me to do?
        I can't really give you an explenation of every feature in the admin CP.
        Just try some things out, and I'm sure you will find your way through the ACP.
        Whenever you see a feature like "Reputation: Enable Disable"
        it will say underneith what exactly will happen if you do click enable.

That's just one example, I think almost every feature it says what it does underneith, like a description.

Comment

Invisionfree will give you your database, for a cost. Go to the invisionfree support forums and ask.
          [ http://eternal-realm.net ]

Comment

http://invisionfree.com/index.php?p=conversion
            That gives the information, but the actual request must be posted at the support forums as suggested by Gaia.

Don't be surprised if they "accidentially" delete your whole forum rather than giving you the data.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X