X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanax
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F View Post
    You can change the URL of your vBulletin installation, so you can switch.
    Yea, but that won't help if my friend took the files.. :P

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
    The liscence is good for one installation for one website. Lets use a different example. Lets say your with Host A and they shut down so you transfer your domain and your site to Host B. Since its no longer being used by you on Host A, your okay.

I don't want to speak out of term here since I am not with vbulletin, but I think that if your host or a contractor or joe hacker steals your files and uses them elsewhere, your liscence could potentially be voided depending on the circumstances. After all, anyone could just come up and say "oh he stole it, I never knew". So I guess there needs to be a measure of responsibility.
    Yea, but only I will have the valid licence number/customer number etc etc..

Originally posted by Boxy View Post
    As long as the license is valid and in your name you will be able to reinstall and run the software on another server of your choosing.

Great!
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Boxy
    replied
    As long as the license is valid and in your name you will be able to reinstall and run the software on another server of your choosing.

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    The liscence is good for one installation for one website. Lets use a different example. Lets say your with Host A and they shut down so you transfer your domain and your site to Host B. Since its no longer being used by you on Host A, your okay.

I don't want to speak out of term here since I am not with vbulletin, but I think that if your host or a contractor or joe hacker steals your files and uses them elsewhere, your liscence could potentially be voided depending on the circumstances. After all, anyone could just come up and say "oh he stole it, I never knew". So I guess there needs to be a measure of responsibility.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    You can change the URL of your vBulletin installation, so you can switch.

Leave a comment:

• Tanax
    started a topic Licence rules..

Licence rules..

Hi.

A friend of mine, has been hosting a site for me for a while, and along with it SMF.

However, I wish to change to vBulletin, but he can't afford it.
    And he lives in england and I in sweden.

So my question is:

If I buy a vB licence, and then he desides to **** me(metaphorically), so he shuts down the website.

Am I allowed to set the forum up on a host that I might buy then?
    Or did my licence only cover the installation that he stole?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X