Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presale Questions

Hello

I'm just about to pull the switch on Vbulletin and had a few questions.

If I start to set up my forum using the demo, is it possible to keep the layout or do I have to start from scratch again when I purchase the software?

If I like the software and I prepay, can I keep the demo up for a couple of weeks for editing before my site is published?

The reason I ask is that it will be a couple of weeks until I'm ready to publish and it would be nice to lay out the forums beforehand.

Thank You

If I start to set up my forum using the demo, is it possible to keep the layout or do I have to start from scratch again when I purchase the software?
    You can take a packup of the database, and save the style, whatever you want.
    If I like the software and I prepay, can I keep the demo up for a couple of weeks for editing before my site is published?
    The demo is available for only 24 hours, but you can ask for more time from here: http://www.vbulletin.com/contact_sales.php
    $post[signature]

Comment

I am pretty sure you cannot make a backup of the admin demo database, but you may be able to export the style as an XML file to your PC and then restore the XML file on your forum. I don't know if you can backup the options.

You can install vB, create your styles and get everything setup before publishing.

Comment

I'm not sure of the exact reason, but backing up options isn't possible in demo mode.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replys

If I can't save it, it's not a biggie and probably the best thing to do is what feldon23 said.

You can install vB, create your styles and get everything setup before publishing.
          I have another question. When you guys refer to a "test site" where is that installed? From what I understand when you but a license you can also have a test site for experimenting with layout etc. Is this correct?
          Last edited by The dman; Mon 13th Nov '06, 7:55am.

Comment

That's correct.
            This should be in a folder called /testvb/ and should be password protected.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
              I'm not sure of the exact reason, but backing up options isn't possible in demo mode.
              I think he would like to prepare a layout and create some categories before he purchase; to import them after installing his forum.
              $post[signature]

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                I tried it, and it's working.
                "Maintenance > Database Backup > Go"
                I can download/save the file *.sql.
                $post[signature]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X