Copyright notices/branding free option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright notices/branding free option

Slightly confused, reading the info for the branding free option I see it says:

All vBulletin communities must retain the vBulletin and Jelsoft copyright text at the end of every page as per the license agreement. If you would like to legally remove this branding, you can purchasing the branding free option, which costs $120 per license. This only allows you to remove the Jelsoft/vBulletin copyright information from the front end pages. Please also note this does not allow you to rebrand the software with another name.
    I'd always understood that we had to leave in the 'powered by vbulletin' text which appears in the title bar (which I always have left in place) but having read the above I'm unclear what we have to leave in and what the branding free option allows us to remove.

As I was thinking of buying a branding free option I'd appreciate if anyone could clear this up for me?
    Martin Hoscik
    www.unitnews.co.uk / www.MayorWatch.co.uk

You can remove the 'powered by vBulletin' text without any special license.

The branding free license is solely for the copyright notice in the footer.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
      You can remove the 'powered by vBulletin' text without any special license.
      Really?!

I really misunderstood there then! I assume I just remove '[x_powered_by_vbulletin]' from the forumhome template?
      Martin Hoscik

Comment

"Powered by vBulletin" doesn't mean too much for the Copyright notice which reseves the company rights.
        Last edited by Mazinger; Sun 12th Nov '06, 7:04am.
        $post[signature]

Comment

Yes, you can do that, or edit the phrase and change it to {1}
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Cheers :-)
            Martin Hoscik

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X