No announcement yet.

Can I only limit attachment downloads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I only limit attachment downloads?

Hello:

Im planning on buying VBulletin, but I have a small question. I've been reading the user manual and I really love the subscriptions module the forum has because its exactly what we need, but here comes the question.

I want to have one forum where everybody can enter a see the topics, but only paying members are able to download the attachments, is this possible? Or do I have to completely close the forum for no paying members?

Thanks

You can limit downloading attachments as a Usergroup thing and then setup that Usergroup as a group that people pay to get into.

Comment

Hi, I use vBuletin version 3.5.0 and users can donload attachments for free but some users use programs to download the whole site, how to stop them doing that?
      Thanks

Comment

vBulletin 3.5.0 has bugs as well as security flaws. I'd upgrade to at least 3.5.8.

Comment

Thanks Feldon but how can I stop these program? should I use special software or there is another way.

Comment

The only thing you could do is some kind of Apache directive that if X number of downloads happen, to lock that user out. This is an advanced topic you should try vBulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X