One Site, Two Owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Site, Two Owners...

I've been a vBulletin customer for several years now and own two full licences which I renew my members area access for.

However, one of the forums I have, I am not very active there anymore. The arrangement though is that I have ownership of the domain name and vBulletin licence, and my partner pays for the ongoing web-hosting and handles all of the backups, installations and upgrades for the forums [as he's very active on the forum and always there].

The problem is that when it's time to upgrade our vBulletin, he has to try and chase me up to download the install files so that he can upgrade our forum.

My question is, is there anyway to have a dual ownership licence that would give him access to the members area. I have read that it's not a good idea to share your member's area password [and am not sure if it would breach my licence agreement], so I haven't done that.

I fully trust the person and have been running the site with him for over 5 years now. He's been registered on vBulletin.com for support, but that doesn't give him access to download the upgrades of course.

Abe Babe...

~-< C L O V E R F I E L D . . . Best.Movie.Ever! >-~

Yea, i think as long as you add their e-mail address that they use on these forums to the priority support, they will be able to have access to the members area.

As i know someone who used to do the same thing for me with his vB license.
    [ http://eternal-realm.net ]

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Babe View Post
      My question is, is there anyway to have a dual ownership licence that would give him access to the members area. I have read that it's not a good idea to share your member's area password [and am not sure if it would breach my licence agreement], so I haven't done that.
      There can only be one owner of a license. You can certainly decide to share Members Area access with him against our recommendations, but if he did happen to download your copies of vB and usse them elsewhere, this could affect the status of your licenses.

Ultimately the choice is your to decide if the risk is worth it.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve...

Thank you for your reply and clarification.

Abe Babe...

~-< C L O V E R F I E L D . . . Best.Movie.Ever! >-~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X