Upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading

Hi, I don't really understand the upgrading system.

When you upgrade a board, you need to revert some templates, right?
    And when I do that, the templates are resetted to as they were from the start, without any modifications.

Does that mean that I will lose all my modifications if I revert?
    And is there a way to fix this so I won't have to write in the modifications AGAIN?

Correct, some templates need to be reverted to either fix an issue or to ensure everything works as intended.

If you have modified the template in question, the best thing you can do is use a program like beyond compare (cheap) or winmerge (open source- free) to compare your edited template to the new default template and copy over your changes.

Personally I suggest you comment the start and end of your template changes to make this process even easier. All told, you can break this down to a few minutes.

<!-- start of my change -->
    code
    <!-- end of my change -->
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Great!
      Thanks for the reply

Comment

vB 3.6 (and possibly 3.5, can't remember when it was introduced!) even have a template comparison system built in

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/s...pare_templates

It shows you the template and it's 'original' - depending on what's easiest you can either make keep your edits/modifications and make the changes for the upgrade yourself, or revert and then make your edits again. Depends which is quicker/easier!
        GoXplore! | The Big Design Company | Athena Protects

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X