X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Tabs Plugin

Hello,

Does anyone know of a guitar tablature plugin for vBulletin?

Cheers,

Dirk

Nope, never heard of one.
    I recommend you search or ask on www.vbulletin.org for better results though.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

You could allow multiple spaces (to not get filtered out into just 1 space)
      and make [tab] tags that are actually <pre> codes.

Comment

When you say guitar tabulature, are you talking about a way for someone to type in AMin and get a picture of guitar fingering, or are you talking about these guitar tabulature databases out there that contain the guitar fingerings for popular songs (which are presently being sued by RIAA, etc.)? I don't care about the legality (and I don't see how you can sue someone for writing down guitar fingerings -- there are only so many possible combinations), just looking for clarification.

Comment

I think they should sue all those guitar teachers who show others the tabs in schools and learn other people how to play copyrighted music. Oh wait, for some reason that's ok. But doing that over the internet to share ' how do I play this chord because I am a fan of that band ' appears to be illegal. In my eyes they have nothing better to do and it just stopped me from buying more music from those musicians who support these type of actions. It is viral marketing that helps me to like the music more and it results in me buying more music - not anymore.

(posted as a vb customer and not as a vb staff member - and it is my personal opinion)

As a vB staff member : if it are pictures you can add them as attachments, or use the [img] tag. If they are ascii you can use <pre> to get a non proportional font.

Comment

I only asked because there is a great PHP script add-on that lets you type in a mathematical formula and presto, via GD library it renders the formula as a crisp GIF. No need to attach. It's available as a bbCode. I learned about this because of another Pre-Sales request.

I wonder if there is a guitar fingering GD library type doohickey like this. Hopefully it's got a better name than "guitar fingering GD library type doohickey" too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X