How long....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long....

Just wondering how long it takes to set up a basic forum already on an established vBulletin site.....

Also, it is an old forum, the url for the page is there but say's I/we don't have access.

The reason for asking is that the site owner so far has taken about a week to set it up for us.....

He say's that he is still configuring it. Is he blowing smoke? LOL

JM
    Last edited by JMarvin; Sat 28 Oct '06, 11:23am.

Originally posted by JMarvin View Post
    Just wondering how long it takes to set up a basic forum already on an established vBulletin site.....

Also, it is an old forum, the url for the page is there but say's I/we don't have access.

The reason for asking is that the site owner so far has taken about a week to set it up for us.....

He say's that he is still configuring it. Is he blowing smoke? LOL

JM
    "set up a basic forum already on an established vBulletin site" ... what?

It takes about... 10 minutes to download VBulletin, change the config file, set up the database and db user, and upload it to your site.

Then about maybe 10 more of installing it (but I was also eating during that time).

Customizing I would say takes anywhere from 5 - 30 minutes, depending on how much you want to change. Add another hour or so if you want a new style (completed).

So from download to the end, it might take around an hour for everything to be done. However, he should leave the customizing up to you. If it's been a week, I would check the smoke detectors.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X