Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will the next version of vBulletin come out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the next version of vBulletin come out?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows when the next version of vBulletin will come out. I am about to buy the license but I would rather wait if the new version will come out soon. If I buy now and a new version comes out in 2 months and I want to upgrade, would I have to pay $160 again? How hard is it to upgrade? Thanks!

I myself haven't yet purchased the software, but if you buy the software now, you will get a whole year's access to upgrades and that for free, and after that year it's just an extra $30 a year

Vampire

Comment

If you pay, you will get 3.6.2 then in about 2 weeks I would think 3.6.3 will come out, you get free upgrades for a year from the exact purchase date that you bought it on. Upgrading is fairly easy, as far as I know.

Comment

Why do you think there will be a 3.6.3 in a fortnight?
        Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
          Why do you think there will be a 3.6.3 in a fortnight?

You just wanted to use fortnight in it's correct context!

Obviously, Quillz, this man has an insider in the vB offices...or he is pulling numbers from his bum.

Comment

Originally posted by mrwuss View Post
            You just wanted to use fortnight in it's correct context!

Obviously, Quillz, this man has an insider in the vB offices...or he is pulling numbers from his bum.
            No, I wasn't looking for an excuse to use that word.

And I agree with your latter assumption.
            Forums

Comment

What's the rush? 3.6.2 works just fine, thank you very much.

Comment

There is NO ETA on the next release. 3.6.2 is the version that's stable, fully supported and recommended to use. You get 12 months download access; if a new version gets released within those 12 months you get it for free.

Comment

Whats ETA stand for btw? You keep using it so I might as well ask
                  Last edited by ---MAD---; Sat 28 Oct '06, 4:51am.

Comment

ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival (or estimated release date in this context)
                    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

And in the show Dead Like Me, ETD is estimated time of death/departure.

Comment

2008 for VB 4.

Comment

If you always wait for the next release to come out before you purchase... you will never purchase the product...!!

Just buy it, you won't regret it. You are entitled to all upgrades to the software too, and to upgrade to the next version - whenever that will be - is sure to be easy.
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
                            2008 for VB 4.
                            That's 12+ months from now, which could be a good assumption. But still a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                              That's 12+ months from now, which could be a good assumption. But still a guess.
                              Well likely we will hear something about midway through next year with beta testing likely around that time frame. I suspect a full release of VB 4 the first half of 2008. Call it a hunch.

As well if there is any sort of cms coming...we would likely start hearing about it in that time frame. Although I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X