Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future updates + conversion

hello

before considering to purchase this script i am wondering what is planned for the future of the script (new features etc)? as i dont want to purchase something that is not developed

also, is it possible to convert from http://getvanilla.com - vanilla board

thanks

Yes, you can convert your Vanilla data into vBulletin.

vBulletin is continually developed, with a team of 5 full-time developers. We can't at this time say what new features will be added next though.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

so you have no plan of the next features to be added, so its just sortof random what feature gets selected?

does this vanilla converter come with the script

Comment

No, we have plans, but these are not public.

To be honest, I can't find the vanilla importer right now though. I seem to have been mistaken, there's no import module for that yet.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gryffin View Post
          so you have no plan of the next features to be added, so its just sortof random what feature gets selected?

does this vanilla converter come with the script
          vBulletin keep new feature lists a surprise . They dont release next version feature lists until the next version is running here on vbulletin.com

What I would like to add is that vbulletin is well worth the money and is the best forum software feature wise, accessibility wise and administration wise .

Comment

hello

before considering to purchase this script i am wondering what is planned for the future of the script (new features etc)? as i dont want to purchase something that is not developed

thanks
            You're welcome to check out the vBulletin Announcements forum to see the release history of vBulletin all the way back to 1.0 and 2.0.

vBulletin 3.6 is the third major release of the software in 2 1/2 years. At the present time, vBulletin and Invision Power Board are at the front of the pack with the most features of pretty much any forum out there, even $10,000 forum packages.

vBulletin 3.6
            Main feature: Numerous improvements to user experience and many additional user controls such as Infractions, and Signature Controls.
            3 release candidates, 4 betas
            Final Release: August 2006

vBulletin 3.5
            Main feature: Plugin/API system allows PHP code to executed alongside forum in over ~500 places within the code. Plugins and Products can extend Languages, Templates, the Admin panel, create Forums, create Users, etc. Most popular modifications and add-ons for vBulletin no longer require file edits (the Achilles heel of software like phpBB).
            3 release candidates, 4 betas
            Final Release: September 2005

vBulletin 3.0
            Main feature: Nearly ground-up rewrite of vBulletin 2. Added heirarchial/inheritable usergroups, styles, templates, and languages. Complete multi-language and RTL support. Styles rewritten to take advantage of CSS1 and be fully XHTML 1.0 compliant.
            Final Release: March 2004

There is much supposition about the future of vBulletin, but the steady, mature, well-tested releases tell me the future is bright.

It is hoped that integration with other software like Joomla, Drupal, Coppermine, Menalto Gallery, etc. through further Plugin/API support and/or LDAP support will get a high priority.

There is also a desire for a reduction in the use of tables and an increase in CSS usage and perhaps a new button set that is more appropriate for the default CSS style that comes with vBulletin.

I am not a Jelsoft employee. These are my opinions only.

Comment

Looks like Vanilla came out less than 3 months ago. Have you got a significantly large forum that it would be a problem to lose in migrating to vBulletin? I am not saying that you should accept this loss, but that no converter exists yet. Usually a forum has to be out for 6+ months and have enough users asking for a vBulletin importer to make it worth their while.

Based on what I see at http://lussumo.com/community/ it looks like Vanilla is a very stripped-down forum so it should be possible to import the data somehow if there is a request for it.

Comment

The amount of users using Vanilla forum is not that much, and just a handfull are moving to vBulletin in this short period of time it has been released. There is no high demand for an import script at this time.

Here's a poll where you can either vote for vanilla or request a script for it: Poll: Importers (requests & poll)

The development of vBulletin is ongoing, and we have no plans on stopping. We try to invent new features and implement new features by high customer demand with each medium to major release.

Comment

I have a nuke-evolution board.
                  Is it possible to convert from http://nuke-evolution.com to vBulletin

regards
                  nedemail

Comment

You can convert the forum part of it, which is phpBB 2.

The rest of Nuke-Evolution's stuff including the PHP-Nuke portal, you can either keep it or use some other tool to convert it to something with less security flaws.

Comment

No, I only want to convert the forums and users and topics

Comment

Should be no problem then.

Comment

Where can I download the conversion tool

Comment

Originally posted by nedemail View Post
                            Where can I download the conversion tool
                            You can download our conversion tool from the members area once you obtained a valid license.
                            Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                            Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Ok, I've bought a owned licence version of vBulletin and payed for it.
                              When will I become a member

Edit: I've received them

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X