Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leased License Upgrade Offer

Leased License Upgrade Offer
    This special offer is only valid for 60 days after you have purchased a leased license. Purchasing this will upgrade a leased license to an owned license. With an owned license, you may use your vBulletin installation for as long as you wish. Renewing your access to the members' area and new versions is also much cheaper!

I Have tried this and it is not letting me as it takes me back to step one after I fill out address info.........

Are you trying to access this via the members area or the normal sales route through vBulletin.com ?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Where do you even see that offer?

Comment

members area

Comment

Members' Area - Upgrade/Renew link on right center side of page
          The Relationship Forum
          The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

ok for some reason it worked this time thanks if you did something

Comment

was is my Expiry Date not updated as it should have no Expiry Date yes

Comment

I can't see it, probably because I have an owned license. How much does this upgrade offer cost, anyway?

Comment

I have an owned license and I can still see it. The upgrade offer from leased to owned license is $85.00 USD within 60 days of purchasing the leased license. After that, you have to pay full price.
                  The Relationship Forum
                  The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

Once you pay the additional $85, you will still have an expiration date, but now that expiration date is not for the license, but for the software downloads.

$160 or $85 x 2* = lifetime license and 1 year of downloads (additional years, renewable anytime, for $30)

*within 60 days

Comment

Leased license: expiry date reflects the support, the download of newer releases, and the permission to run vbulletin.
                      Renewing the expiry date on a leased license will add more support months, more months to run vbulletin and more download permission. The costs are $85/12 months.
                      Upgrading from a leased license to owned is possible. The administration fee to do this is $160. Within the first 60 days after purchase you can upgrade for a fee of $85.

Owned license: expiry date reflects the download of newer releases.
                      Renewing the expiry date on an owned license gives you more months to download new releases. The renewal is optional. You don't have to do it. You will still have permission to run vbulletin for an unlimited period of time, and you will still receive free support. Renewal is $30/year.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by baymir View Post
                          If you have upgraded to an owned licence, the expiry date is for software updates only. After a year, you would have to pay $30 in order to get new updates for another year. If you choose not to do this, your membership will be frozen and you'd only be able to download the latest version prior to when your updates subscription expires.

So in summary, after a year and with an owned licence, you are still able to:

1. Run vBulletin on your specified domain.
                          2. Receive support on vBulletin's forums.
                          3. Download all security patches.
                          4. Download updates that were released prior to when your yearly update subscription expired. (Or pay $30 to renew updates for another year)
                          Last edited by RichM; Mon 16 Oct '06, 8:58am.

Comment

Originally posted by baymir View Post
                            Please start a new sales or support ticket and point this out to us, so our sstaff can look up your license and check your purchase details.

Comment

Originally posted by RichM View Post
                              If you have upgraded to an owned licence, the expiry date is for software updates only. After a year, you would have to pay $30 in order to get new updates for another year. If you choose not to do this, your membership will be frozen and you'd only be able to download the latest version prior to when your updates subscription expires.

So in summary, after a year and with an owned licence, you are still able to:

1. Run vBulletin on your specified domain.
                              2. Receive support on vBulletin's forums.
                              3. Download all security patches.
                              4. Download updates that were released prior to when your yearly update subscription expired. (Or pay $30 to renew updates for another year)
                              The membership will not be frozen. Everything will remain active and usable. But if the expiry date has passed for an owned license and then vBulletin releases a new version. You will only be able to get the version(s) available during the period of the expiry date. Not the new version. If you require this new version you then have the option to renew the license download access for $30 and get access to all the new releases.

1. Yes, you will always have permisison to run one instance of vBulletin with an owned license. Even if the expiry date has passed.
                              2. Yes, as long as you have a valid owned license you will be able to get free support. Valid meaning: Your license is not breaking the license agreement.
                              3. Yes, security patches are free for download to expired licenses.
                              4. Yes, if you had access to 3.6.2 but then you pass the expiry date, you can still download 3.6.2. But if say (making up a number here) 3.6.3 gets released after the expiry date you can not download that unless you renew.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X