Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating from PunnBB to vBulletin

Hi,

I run a forum based on punbb 1.2.13 and would like to switch to vBulletin.

I searched a little bit but could not find any thread about this version, so I would like to know if I can easily import everyting into vBulletin.

I also applied a mod to punBB that changed how link within the forum are managed.

You can have a look here:

http://freepops.diludovico.it (homepage)
    http://freepops.diludovico.it/f9-FreePOPs-English.html (English forum)
    http://freepops.diludovico.it/t4976-Incredimail.html (single thread)

Is there any chance I will be able to keep the same link structure?

Thanks in advance.

Dario

I'm sure Jerry will be able to update the Impex importer for that version of punBB if needed.

The importer cannot retain the same links you are using now. All posts and threads will have new links.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is there any option in vBulletin that will "beautify" the links?

Links should not be the same as before, but it would be great if they could keep the thread title in it.

I do not know if I was clear enough... English is not my mother tongue....

Comment

Not sure what you mean. The post and thread links will be different than the punBB links and I do not know of any plugin that would change this.

The thread titles will be the same.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by dariottolo View Post
          Is there any option in vBulletin that will "beautify" the links?

Links should not be the same as before, but it would be great if they could keep the thread title in it.

I do not know if I was clear enough... English is not my mother tongue....
          There isn't any feature like that on vbulletin but you can do that by plugins like VBSeo , ZointSeo etc...
          But i don't know if they are supported by VB team...
          Thanks...
          DinamikNet | www.dinamiknet.net

Comment

No, vB does not support those items.

By default vB is search engine friendly and many people can attest to this. We all know google is the only one we care about and it indexes my site just fine and dandy.

Comment