Will VBulletin work for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will VBulletin work for me?

I have begun a new site with my very limited skills called www.raft-up.com. I am currently using SMF php software, and it seems to work fairly well. My concern is customization. What does your software offer that SMF does not? I am looking to grow this into a nationwide board with heavy traffic eventually, and need the right platform from the beginning. Also, if i have established a board using smf and want to transfer my members into VBulletin, how can that be done?

Thank you,

Jonathan

vBulletin includes software for transferring from SMF to vBulletin, so you can swap at anytime.

Comment

Is it necessary to pay $160 for this software, or will many of the free PHP platforms do the same thing?

Comment

vBulletin is the best forum software, and has the most features.
        I suggest you try out the vBulletin test board.

Comment

I am a complete beginner. Is setup really difficult?

Comment

Setting up vBulletin is not that diffucult.

Comment

I have used it a lot, and like the functionality. Is it expensive to have someone customize it a bit?

Comment

I have used it a lot, and like the functionality. Is it expensive to have someone customize it a bit?

Comment

A completely custom skin can cost from $100 to $600 (About £50 to £340)
                  But there are plenty of free ones, or cheaper ones that arent custom for as little as $20

Comment

This has all been very helpful info. I guess my biggest and final question is what does this software do that others won't? I am using SMF and it seems quite functional.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X