NEWB Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWB Questions

Hey guys/Gals as you can see I'm a newb so please bare with me. I want to make myself a forum using Vbulletin, but before I purchase it I would like to know what the deal? Now I have never done programming or web design so I have no clue if this is something that I could do on the fly or do you need to fluent in programming or Web Design? I know my way around a computer, but I have never tried to do anything like this

The good news is that you don't have to know any programming or even HTML to get your board up and running. To install plugins you will need a little bit more knowledge but the plugin install instructions are typically really easy to follow (e.g. "find this .... replace with this ..." kind of thing).

To get a unique style and customise the look and feel of the site beyond basic colour and image changes you will need to understand a bit of html.

One step at a time though. Try the demo and see how you get on. I suspect you'll never look back like most of us
    Last edited by LJR; Wed 4th Oct '06, 12:05pm.

Comment

I shall do that thanks for the help. Now if I get this and say I decide to make a car forum. Can I decide to change my mind and then make it a sports forum with out needed to purchase anything else? I plan on Purchasing not leasing

Comment

You can run one installation of the software. It doesnt matter what you change your mind too for running it as long as there is only one installation.

Comment

Awesome, I have finish making my server so I can host it, then I'm going to order it

Thank You

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X