Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing

Whats the vBulletin regulation on sharing a license.

I.E, if i was to host a forum for someone, on the same server ass my vBulletin, would i be allowed to let the other owner use vBulletin, which is licensed to me.

I just think that vBulletin wants way too much money, we pay so much for the license, but wecant do much with it, only one forum! And then just to top it off, you want extra money each year for updates. I'm hoping this is not yet another limitation.

Originally posted by Captain_Kirk76 View Post

I.E, if i was to host a forum for someone, on the same server ass my vBulletin, would i be allowed to let the other owner use vBulletin, which is licensed to me.

I just think that vBulletin wants way too much money, we pay so much for the license, but wecant do much with it, only one forum! And then just to top it off, you want extra money each year for updates. I'm hoping this is not yet another limitation.
    You're allowed to have other people listed under the license, but you can only have one publicly accessible copy of the forum up.

As far as cost, I'm quoting ManagerJosh here, but
    http://www.ubbcentral.com/order.php?product=UBB.threads

Comment

No you can't do that, yes it's another limitation, and no, it's entirely reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Kirk76 View Post

Nope not allowed.Each instance of vbulletin much be properly licenced.vbulletin wants to much money ? i don't think so it is a fair price for all the things you get.The $30 renewal (for access to updates if your owned licence is expirerd) is your own choice.Only one forum isn't true eiter it is better only one instance with unlimited forums/categorys / threads

if you don't want to pay use phpBB free of charge and we don't have have to read your nonsense anymore

i have purchased a license. Am I allowed to run two copies of vBulletin?

You must hold a valid vBulletin license for each individual installation of the software (regardless of whether the two installations are on the same domain name or server). For example, if you wish to install one copy of vBulletin at http://www.yourserver.com/forum1/ and another copy at http://www.yourserver.com/forum2/, you will require two licenses. Please note that the license agreement specifies that you must submit the URL where your vBulletin license(s) are installed (via the online members area).

Comment

Jeez, vBulletin seriously needs to rethink costing.

Tis a bloody good job its the best software out there.

Comment

If there was a "Forum Hosting" license, I imagine it would be $999 life or $399 per year.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X