• Show
Clear All

• User Ranks + Banned + Aotomatick removing

1. I created a User Rank - Banned
    2. I set a custom picture for it.
    3. I set Minimum Posts = 0
    4. I set Display Type = Always
    5. I set Usergroup to Banned Users
    6. I take one of users and add him to Banned Users group.
    7. I looked at his profile and see that custom picture.
    8. Than I removed him from this group by View Banned Users.
    9. Than I looked again at his profile and see that the custom picture of User Rank "Banned" left in his profile.

I know that I can:
    Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Update User Titles and Ranks

But...
    Questions:
    1. Is there any way to make it automatically?
    2. vBulletin's team has any plans to make so, that every group can just have its own image as some other "known" software have?
    3. Is there any plans (improvments, futures, etc.) for future versions of VB I can read for?

P.S. I am going to invest money into installation of forum for my company and I trying to understand what software is better of "known" one.

Thanks
    Last edited by Makc666; Tue 3rd Oct '06, 7:46am.
    ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

I am guessing you are running the vBulletin Demo at vBulletin.com?

Ranks are assigned to users, not usergroups. Once a user has met the conditions to get a rank, I believe they keep it until you take it away. I could be wrong here.

Tech support questions about vBulletin for vB customers are handled in the How Do I forum.

3.6.2 is the latest version of vBulletin and should be out in a day or two. vBulletin 3.6 is less than 2 months old and represents the "latest and greatest" that vBulletin has to offer. I have no idea when vBulletin 4.0 is planned for, but I would not start trying to plan for it.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
      Ranks are assigned to users, not usergroups. Once a user has met the conditions to get a rank, I believe they keep it until you take it away. I could be wrong here.
      You are wrong.

Admin CP -> User Ranks -> User Rank Manager

Usergroup = Press to the right. You will get:

This is the usergroup to which this rank applies. The users to whom is applied depends on the value of the "Display Type" setting. If you select "Always", all users with this usergroup in his/her primary or secondary groups will receive this rank. If you select "If Displaygroup = This Group", then only users that identify themselves as this group will receive this rank.

Select "All Usergroups" to have this rank apply to everyone regardless of their usergroup.

P.S. I still want to here official answer for my question
      Last edited by Makc666; Tue 3rd Oct '06, 7:48am.
      ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

I believe this can be accomplished in a very easy way using template conditionals in two templates. Five minutes of work but I hesitate to post it here because this is the pre-sale forum.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment