Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Functionality questions before purchase

Hi
    I am about to launch a new site and I need a bit of advice as to whether vBulletin will work for me
    I want subscrition based membership to certain areas of the forum but this subscriprion is only required to be able to post (can be read by everyone). When a user subscibes a thread will be created that only that user can post in. Another thread will be created in a different topic that is open for other users to post comments on the subscribers thread.
    I appreciate that the threads may have to be created manually prior to admin authorising the subscription but appart from that is the rest plausable enough.

Regards
    Brian

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Which part is not possible? I can live with creating the threads manually but need to have threads that only one user can write to

Comment

The automatic part is not a function. You can set up specific forums in which some members can only see the thread they have started and repsond in their own threads.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve
          That sounds like it could work. I know what I am looking for is not 'normal' forum functionality but I think it is closer than anything else.
          The intention of this is that subcribed users write to a log in their own thread, topic or forum and normal users can comment on these logs in a seperate place.
          Because this is a new site I can tailor the idea to suit available software (as much as possible). I dont expect more than a couple of hundred new subscribed users per month so it shouldn't be too much work to manually create the topics or whatever.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X