3 forums in one domain with one purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 forums in one domain with one purchase

I want have 3 different forums in one domain in 3 different languages which are availble here how ever they should use the same ID and Password to login. Is this possible?
    Do I have to pay for 3 softwares ( I am using all in one domain)

Scroll to the very bottom of the page of this page; you should see a language selector. If you are using just that, and are not hiding any forum(s) to anyone based on their selected language, you won't need 3 licenses.

Otherwise you will have to get 3 licenses.

In otherwords, install one instance; install language xml's; don't limit users to forum selection based on language selection, and you should be good.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

You would be okay auto-routing the user to the correct language-forum based on the language-selection, though.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

are you allowed to host a test forum as long as it is in a password protected directory?

Comment

Yes, see the license agreement.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

maybe adding subforums with the same content with different languages

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
              You would be okay auto-routing the user to the correct language-forum based on the language-selection, though.
              Yes, but you cannot restrict them to only that subset of forums. For example:
              Forumid1 = Category for English
              Forumid2 = Category for French

If user select English as their language, your auto-routing cannot route them back to English Category when they're trying to access the French Category (same goes for the subforums if any). If you do route them back (and hence some what effectively block them out of the content), you are violating the agreement, and will require additional licenses for each language.
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

I didn't say you should auto-route the user based on the language selected if they try to access a different language forum. I did say you would be okay to auto-route when making the languge selection (regardless of what forum the user is currently viewing). This would be a service rather than a blockage.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

Yep, seen it this way it is truly a service

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X