Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bjizzel View Post
    Whats a vbSEO?
    vbseo.com ... plugin for search engine optimization ..

Installed on ut2007world.com ...

go into the forum and click any forum and check out the URL .. it will convert your URL into static ones (/html etc. instead of ?blabl.php&blabla)

And considering the fact that people are actually making money with their forum it is indeed cheap .. not for me since I use the forum rather for a hobby instead of making money ( some sort of no advert policy :P )
    I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Warpnow View Post
      If we're paying for the support, let us buy a support-free version.

Heh, I don't need support.
      You say you don't need support now, but what if you do in the future? And Jelsoft doesn't sell an unsupported license, anyway.
      Forums

Comment

Originally posted by bjizzel View Post
        I was wondering how come vbulletin is soo darn expensive? Is there any discounts or sales you guys have?
        Our software is prices below most of the value of our competitors, and has not changed in the last 5+ years. We can offer you a discount if you require three or more licenses of the same type. But there are no discounts for the current single license purchase; nor do we have one planned.

Comment

My cousin paid more for a college text book then what he paid for a license. It's a bargain compared to other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Matty View Post
            Plus the fact that it's bug free,
            It isnt, not recently was there a bug in 3.6.1 with DataLoss. Its just quickly seen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
              My cousin paid more for a college text book then what he paid for a license. It's a bargain compared to other things.

Wow, you mean college text books...possibly the most overpriced thing in the world...is cheaper than a script?

That's not much of a bragging point as 99% of text books cost 10 times what they're worth.

Comment

You're paying for the source code, support comes free.

Comment

It's worth the price.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Biker~ View Post
                    It's worth the price.
                    If you are running a site that yield a return profit, it definitely is. However, if you're running a site just for the betterment of the online community and not drawing a profit its probably priced beyond your budget.

Comment

If you are running a site that yield a return profit, it definitely is. However, if you're running a site just for the betterment of the online community and not drawing a profit its probably priced beyond your budget.
                      I disagree with that argument. I run a Sims fansite for the betterment of my community and the license came out of my own pocket change to buy.

If you think this is expensive, I suggest you look at some of the alternative solutions like UBB.threads
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

If you run a forum site, chances are you spend a lot of your own time on it. If your time is worth anything, that's probably your biggest "expense" and it's more than the cost of vBulletin. In the same way, the time you save by having a forum system that runs reliably is also valuable.

Comment

This is the first forum I've ever had and I love the software and most of all the support.

Comment

I purchased vBulletin today, it isn't cheap depending on the features it has got..
                            Check the Demo: http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php

Comment

You want free? Get anyboard forum software. It is free and you get the value of every penny you pay for it. Includes wonderful support too - just look at their support board: http://onc-rpc.com/forums/support/

Comment

Thaaaat would be me
                                I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X