Soo darn expensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soo darn expensive

I was wondering how come vbulletin is soo darn expensive? Is there any discounts or sales you guys have?

Originally posted by bjizzel View Post
    I was wondering how come vbulletin is soo darn expensive? Is there any discounts or sales you guys have?
    I think it's cheap considering the excellent support you get.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

After coming from phpBB, I can tell you the cost is justified. In fact, $160 is probably too reasonable for this excellent piece of software.
      Matt
      phpBB Convert

Comment

It's too cheap. I think they should put the prices up as their current prices are just an insult to their product.

Comment

As stated a few times above, soo darn cheap.

The only discounts they offer are on bulk purchases. They are listed in USD below.

1 - 2 $160.00
          3 - 5 $148.00
          6 - 10 $136.00
          11 - 24 $124.00
          25 - 49 $114.00
          50+ $106.00

Comment

Actually, the OP may be right. The up front cost may scare off some people. Perhaps vB should drop the price of the license fee and just raise the cost of the renewal to $60.
            Matt
            phpBB Convert

Comment

No pain no gain.
              selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Ya you guys are right over the long run its really good, I think

Comment

Yeah I also thought that it was too expensive however I still bought it.
                  Last edited by PKartar; Thu 31st Aug '06, 3:15am.

Comment

I've used free forum software and I got more than what I paid for, mainly a functional system good enough for small, casual use, at no cost.

But I also think I got more than what I paid for with vBulletin: a very flexible, efficient, secure, and robust system, plus all the support that comes with it.

Comment

Re: soo darn expensive

Originally posted by bjizzel View Post
                      soo darn expensive
                      ...but so darn worth it!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist :P
                      Best Regards,
                      Andy Huang

Comment

You get what you pay for. I thought it was expensive at first, but it's not and it's around the same price as IPB give or take a few pence.

Wait till you see the price of vBSEO (couldn't resist)

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton View Post
                          You get what you pay for. I thought it was expensive at first, but it's not and it's around the same price as IPB give or take a few pence.

Wait till you see the price of vBSEO (couldn't resist)
                          Whats a vbSEO?

Comment

The support this company gives is top notch. Plus the fact that it's bug free, and fast too helps.

Comment

If we're paying for the support, let us buy a support-free version.

Heh, I don't need support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X