Rewrite URL's ASP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewrite URL's ASP

It’s high time I get a forum and I’ve been considering your forum software, but I run my site on a Windows machine with ASP. Will your software rewrite the urls? I am concerned with friendly urls (SEO) and hoping you have a solution.

Thanks!

Well,

You do not need re-written urls to be search engine friendly. vBulletin is perfectly spiderable and can run on windows, but it does require php and mysql, not asp.

Comment

For rewriting URL on Windows servers there is an IIS port of mod_rewrite that I have used called "ISAPI_rewrite" that will do pretty much anything mod_rewrite does, so that is not necessarily an issue.

Comment

vBulletin does not rewrite by default. If you MUST rewrite it (most forums doesn't; and usually doesn't need to), you can either A) do it on your own via mod rewrite and some code hacking to change all the url's to match your needs; B) purchase an optional third party software called vBSEO { http://www.vbseo.com/ } (no affiliate id there ) or C) use a free solution such as vRewrite or ZointSEO from vBulletin.org.

All third party solutions have their pro's and con's. And they will all obviously say they do things better than others. So it is up to you to decide which one works the best. From my personal experience though, I like vBSEO, and hence why I put the suggestion eariler

Cheer
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X