vBulletin / Invision licensing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin / Invision licensing

vBulletin and Invision are pretty much the same thing (and anyone whose unbias will also argue this). They're the same almost in regards to pricing but the licensing seems very different especially for the "Yearly" license:

Invision Power Board Perpetual License · $185.00
    This will give you a perpetual license to use Invision Power Board for one installation and access to all future versions. One year of support and related services is included. After one year an optional $30 renewal for support and related services is available.

Invision Power Board Yearly License · $69.95
    This will give you one year license to use Invision Power Board for one installation on all current and future versions. At the end of one year your board will continue to run but will be unsupported and access to upgrades unavailable unless you renew service.

>>

I just put the key thing in RED. What is the benefit of vBulletin in regards to their yearly license where a user must uninstall it if they don't renew?

You're better off to buy the vBulletin Owned license for $160, then you own it, and get support, forever. You only have to pay $30/year after the first year if you want to be able to download updates.

That's where vBulletin differs from either of IPB's plans. With either of theirs, you lose support if you don't continue to pay.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Note that you are comparing the owned license of vB to the yearly license of IPB. When you pay for the perpetual IPB license, they offer upgrades for life, as opposed to support. With the vB owned license, you get support for life, as opposed to upgrades.
      Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
        Note that you are comparing the owned license of vB to the yearly license of IPB. When you pay for the perpetual IPB license, they offer upgrades for life, as opposed to support. With the vB owned license, you get support for life, as opposed to upgrades.
        No, he is referring to the part in red.

To the thread starter: There is already a post about this.
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187311

Comment

Well I am still going to go with vBulletin because it looks better and works faster.

I have been on other message boards that use Invision and they seem very slow because they seem to have a lot of non-needed stuff which loads with each page.

So vBulletin for me.

Ill be going with the 1 year license to start with because I live in Australia and I don't have $160.00 USD to spare as I am a uni student.

But hey, after less than a week of running a phpBB site I already have $1 USD in my Google AdSense account. Not bad for just a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattrix18 View Post
            Well I am still going to go with vBulletin because it looks better and works faster.

I have been on other message boards that use Invision and they seem very slow because they seem to have a lot of non-needed stuff which loads with each page.

So vBulletin for me.

Ill be going with the 1 year license to start with because I live in Australia and I don't have $160.00 USD to spare as I am a uni student.

But hey, after less than a week of running a phpBB site I already have $1 USD in my Google AdSense account. Not bad for just a few days.
            And vB also doesn't have a lot of "non-needed stuff which loads with each page?"
            Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Mattrix18 View Post

So vBulletin for me.

Wise choice

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X