Running 2 forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running 2 forums

I want to know if I maintain 2 serperate websites that I want 2 seperate forums for can I use the one application?

If not, then do I have to buy a whole other VB application or can I just purchase another license??

Not following your question? If they are two seperate forums you need a new license for each instance.

I own 2 license and run two Forum sites.

Comment

but i only have to pay for the actual VB application once right?? but purchase a seperate license other than the one i got when i bought the program??

Comment

In order to run two installations of vBulletin, you will need to pay US$160 for each license. You will need to download a copy of vBulletin for each license, as the license number is embedded in the files. (The download is free once you own a license) Using the same files on two installations is considered piracy and thus illegal, even if you own two licenses.

Comment

Each vBulletin license is either $85 per year or $160 plus software updates which can be purchased at $30 per year per license.

Comment

what?

Clear this up for me, please....

You have to pay $160 EACH license, or $85 a piece, while two licenses cost you $160 together?

That's for [lifetime] owned, right?

Comment

For every site you run that uses vBulletin you need to spend $160 (until you purchase more license and start getting the discount).

Comment

You can buy ($160) or rent ($85/year) vBulletin.

Comment

gee its not that hard to figure it out, its all on the main page. Its 1 license per forum. I own 3 license for 3 seperate forums... Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by RagnarokDensetsu View Post
                    In order to run two installations of vBulletin, you will need to pay US$160 for each license. You will need to download a copy of vBulletin for each license, as the license number is embedded in the files. (The download is free once you own a license) Using the same files on two installations is considered piracy and thus illegal, even if you own two licenses.
                    You are joking right? Not the two licences bit, that is as clear as mud.. I'm about to buy at least 1 possibly 2 more licences end of Aug. I seriously was just going to make the purchase, but not going to bother downloading it again because its on my pc already.

Comment

I think it's unfair to have to download a separate copy of vBulletin for each forum, even if it increases the amount of maintenance and effort involved in keeping multiple identical forums up-to-date, but that is how they read the current license agreement.

I don't know about "piracy" and "illegal" but it is against their license agreement.

Comment

Doesn't it ask you for the license anyway upon install? I never really ran into the issue because i just so happened to have re-downloaded for my 2nd and 3rd license at seperate times and on seperate computers... I should test that out then because I'm reinstalling one of the license.

Originally posted by good2laugh View Post
                        You are joking right? Not the two licences bit, that is as clear as mud.. I'm about to buy at least 1 possibly 2 more licences end of Aug. I seriously was just going to make the purchase, but not going to bother downloading it again because its on my pc already.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                          I think it's unfair to have to download a separate copy of vBulletin for each forum, even if it increases the amount of maintenance and effort involved in keeping multiple identical forums up-to-date, but that is how they read the current license agreement.

I don't know about "piracy" and "illegal" but it is against their license agreement.
                          I never read agreements, I just click yes I agree bad I know, but I'm lazy. I'll make sure when I make my purchase to double check. Pity the poor fella who has seven or eight licences eek!

Comment

You need to download each package for each license - they are small downloads. The license is packaged into it.

Comment

Originally posted by good2laugh View Post
                              Perhaps not piracy per se, but the license number is embedded in the files... if the staff do whatever they do and find that a forum is using a different license number than it's registered to, then they have every reason to believe you are pirating vBulletin, no?

Originally posted by Carlos X View Post
                              what?

Clear this up for me, please....

You have to pay $160 EACH license, or $85 a piece, while two licenses cost you $160 together?

That's for [lifetime] owned, right?
                              If you buy multiple licenses, the price of each license does drop. It's all explained in the Order page. As feldon has said, it's $85 for a single 1 year leased license, and $160 for a single owned license.

For multiple licenses:

Owned
                              1 - 2 - $160.00
                              3 - 5 - $148.00
                              6 - 10 - $136.00
                              11 - 24 - $124.00
                              25 - 49 - $114.00
                              50+ - $106.00

Leased
                              1 - 2 - $85.00
                              3 - 5 - $79.00
                              6 - 10 - $73.00
                              11 - 24 - $67.00
                              25 - 49 - $62.00
                              50+ - $56.00
                              Last edited by RagnarokDensetsu; Wed 2 Aug '06, 10:46pm. Reason: typo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X