X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Knowlodge

How do vbulletin support staff know if we are liseconed

We're really, really smart.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Trained with ninjas on a high mountain top ..... totally sweet ....
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

They have X-Ray vision.

Comment

Hah, you don't wanna know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
            Trained with ninjas on a high mountain top ..... totally sweet ....
            Yeah. the Beverly Hills ninja.

Comment

I kinda like how photopost.com does it, with a "verified customer" thing underneath the avatar. That way we know who NOT to help

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_Tree View Post
                How do vbulletin support staff know if we are liseconed
                I bet there is a very easy way, dunno it still works on new versions, but for IPB there was a time you could add something like ./? to the URL, that gave the license number (not the install number).
                I bet vB got something like that...
                It's not the fall that kills you— it's the sudden stop at the end.
                Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wynand View Post
                  I bet there is a very easy way, dunno it still works on new versions, but for IPB there was a time you could add something like ./? to the URL, that gave the license number (not the install number).
                  I bet vB got something like that...
                  I bet Jelsoft has a database. Within that database is our site and license number plus other stuff. So if Steve Machol wants to check if xenweb.net is legit. He uses a form that only he and some other staff can access and types in my site. If my site is in the database it should return something. If it is not then it won't return anything.

Comment

Originally posted by harmor View Post
                    I bet Jelsoft has a database. Within that database is our site and license number plus other stuff. So Steve Machol goes to xenweb.net then he uses a form that only he can access and types in my site. If my site is in the database it should return something. If it is not then it won't return anything.
                    Wise guy
                    Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Comment

My guess is license details reside in the postbit. Only viewable for select members, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by DJDarknez View Post
                        I kinda like how photopost.com does it, with a "verified customer" thing underneath the avatar. That way we know who NOT to help
                        That's a bit poor isn't it. Just because an owner of a licence can't afford to renew membership subscription one year shouldn't stop them getting support. Its fair enough to not get the latest edition but a few words of advice never killed anyone. So a customer of 5 years gets a bit of bad luck and loses his job, has to prioritise bills so opts to not renew membership, then runs into a site problem and asks for advice....... so nobody would be willing to help him, wow very generous. Oh well, best hope to stay healthy and not lose our jobs

Comment

I didn't think it was targeted towards renewals so much as people who have never purchased the software asking for help.

Comment

I think it's in the post bit as well, even just a little 'tick' or similar to tellthe staff that a particular member is licenced... Then maybe clicking that icon will show the licence number and linked webaddress...

Just a guess

Comment

Originally posted by kurtbarker View Post
                              I think it's in the post bit as well, even just a little 'tick' or similar to tellthe staff that a particular member is licenced... Then maybe clicking that icon will show the licence number and linked webaddress...

Just a guess
                              10 bucks they can check it?
                              Maybe not in one click but....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X