Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Use VBulletin & Register.com Basic Hosting

Hi,

I'm new at using V Bulletin and Register.com's basic hosting service. Does anyone have or know of basic starter information?

What exactly do you need help with?
    If you've already ordered a vBulletin license, please verify your license status by following these instructions: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141661
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I have not purchased V Bulletin yet because I want to make sure the website package a purchase is compatiable with V Bulletin. I contacted Register.com technical support and they couldn't tell me if thier software will work with the forum package. Do you have a recommendation for a website package that works with Ve Bulletin? Thanks for your help

Comment

vBulletin requires a web server that includes PHP (minimum version 4.3.3) and MySQL (minimum 4.0.16) installed. As long as you choose a host that meets these requirements you will be able to install and run our software.

Note, for best performance and security I recommend the following versions:

PHP 4.4.2
        MySQL 4.1.18
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Honestly, I can't find any details 'bout MySQL on register.com, I'd recommend you to find a better/other host then that.
          Asking $149/year for 750MB hosting and a data limit of 24GB is way to much.
          For sure if you know that they don't even offer MySQL.
          So basicly, no you can't host vB on register.com.
          It's not the fall that kills you— it's the sudden stop at the end.
          Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wynand View Post
            Honestly, I can't find any details 'bout MySQL on register.com, I'd recommend you to find a better/other host then that.
            Asking $149/year for 750MB hosting and a data limit of 24GB is way to much.
            For sure if you know that they don't even offer MySQL.
            So basicly, no you can't host vB on register.com.
            actually Wynand he would beable to use vbulletin on register.com without a problem as most paid hosting meet the requirements

Comment

Originally posted by Wickidnezz View Post
              actually Wynand he would beable to use vbulletin on register.com without a problem as most paid hosting meet the requirements
              I think after FOUR YEARS this is no longer an outstanding issue.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Wickidnezz View Post
                1) Four years ago, not relevant anymore.
                2) Never assume it will be available just because it is paid hosting and expensive. When you buy a car of 30k$, you don't assume it's got window and seat heating either, you check it.
                It's not the fall that kills you— it's the sudden stop at the end.
                Learn from the mistakes of others, because you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X